BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > RPG Discussion

Old 08-08-2006, 03:16 AM

Default Zanpakutou (Shikai, Bankai) Approval Thread

So, you've achieved Shi/Ban Kai and you've already written it out! And you want to use it, too? Ah, but what's this, you need it approved by those wacky guys on that crazy "Zanpaku staff"? Well then, you've come to right place.

So, to get said crazy Kai approved, there are a few simple steps you need to take. First, write it up all sexy like for us. Tell us what it looks like, what it does, all that jazz in neatly labeled sections. For Shi Kai, use "Forms" and "Abilities" for the sections -- each should be clear. For One Attack-One Form-One Ability Ban Kai, Shinno Ban Kai, Kyousho Ban Kai, and Compressed Ban Kai, use "Form", "Ability", and "Attack" -- Remember that you only get one ability. If your Ban Kai is the Shi Kai upgrade method, let us know that and label it accordingly as "Form" and "Ability/ies".

So, you've written that up and it's ready to go. What next?

Well then, that's when you post in here and let us know that it's ready to go. This will be a sort of placeholder to let us know who's kai to get to first. Then PM the kai to Sai (WhiteEyes) down there.

So, after a while, we'll have several Kai to look over and the staff will meet. We'll do our funky magic and soon, there will be a whole slew of them that have been either approved or disapproved. So, we'll send out PM's to people saying whether it is approved/disapproved If it's approved, well then, go ahead and earn it you smexy people.

If it got disapproved, look in the PM from one of the staff members. In there, we'll tell you if it was either a flat out "No way in heck, you need a new Kai" or if there were a few things we took issues with and what changes we think are needed. When those changes are made, rinse and repeat until it's all good and yer ready to go.

Got that?

~Your Friendly Zanpakutou Staff (Pending, Approved, and Disapproved List to follow this post)
Seiya Kanhouden - ~72,356~
Seiya Kanhouden Akatsukiyami - ~120,594~ (8 Turns /// *60%*)
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

"One cannot predict Kidou. Avoiding it is even more impossible." ~ Kuchiki Byakuya
Old 08-08-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysal
Question!

I submitted my Shikai for approval to the former Zanpakutou Staff. Yesterday i received a PM from the staff, pointing some changes to it, ones that I agree with mind you, and saying that if I followed those changes, it was approved.

So, the question is: should i consider it approved, or do i need to send it to you guys?
Yes, it is approved if you follow the changes.

That applies to everyone as well. If you get an "approved with changes" and the changes are listed out, if you follow that then you are good. If you don't like the changes, alter it to how you think it would be better fit to your vision and then resubmit it and we'll run it through again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-kun
GENERAL NOTE:

Something we've noticed as we've waded through the various Kai is that most people tend to leave off things like effectiveness ratings. What does that mean? Whenever you have something that, say, deals alot of damage or detrimental effects to an opponent, we want to see a table saying how effective it is against people of varying Reiatsu levels. This includes things stat reductors, damage reductors, special attacks, and anything in general that affects you or your opponent in a way that would vary based on how strong they are.

Thanks,

Zanpaku staff
Seiya Kanhouden - ~72,356~
Seiya Kanhouden Akatsukiyami - ~120,594~ (8 Turns /// *60%*)
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

"One cannot predict Kidou. Avoiding it is even more impossible." ~ Kuchiki Byakuya
Old 03-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sophia Seed

I would like to change the Shikai Ability of my Zanpakutou, Excalibur:

Crusader’s Strike

Maneuvering the tip of Excalibur at her foe, the blade begins to glow and shoots out a powerful blasting shot of energy. The beam is no more than a foot in diameter and is a constant stream of energy. The energy is gold in color and feel like a fist being shot at super fast speed. This blast can be sustained for upwards of 5 seconds.

Cost 5% of total Reiatsu per use
Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 PM

My Shikai, Akumu, is awaiting acceptance . Hopefully it gets checked up soon so I can write my shikai arc
Old 03-16-2007, 02:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to too_lazy Send a message via MSN to too_lazy

i can gets me another ban kai attack o:

here's my draft:

Third Attack: Hatsuteki Kougen Sousanningumi Jousouhenkyoku Meihaku no Enbu- “Vivace Avatar Fortissimo Trio Crescendo, Lost Soul’s Waltz”

... yay for shonen technique names so they can be absurdly long and ridiculous like that ;D

I hate violence.

[SPOILER="NINTH DIVISION IS THE BEST"]
Saika Rakushun - Ninth Division Captain - Research & Development

wud u liek 2 rp w/me? 8D
[ sigs done by steph ]
[/spoiler]

[SPOILER="Last of the Elite 4"]
"How troublesome... too much effort for a battle."

[/SPOILER]
Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to YanLan

EDIT: second draft of my Shinno bankai up. *sends sho the improved one*
Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to louhi

oh yeah! i got a bankai written now
har har har. and i thought i would have shinno before i got it done >_<

Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to kitsunekionchi

My kai was already approved, but I realized today that I should change the growth rate of un-imbued plants to "number of seasons the plant has lived". I might even change my bankai to reflect this. Shikai creates plants that are 1 season in size.

Earlier the shikai said "up to 6 inches in height"...but certain poisons, herbs, peppers, and even trees take many, many seasons to reach this level of maturity. It would be too weird to be able to grow these plants to 6 inches high AND others 6 inches high when it takes years for some plants to grow that tall and days for others. o_o'

And no, I haven't actually used any of my kai abilities yet...so don't worry about this changing anything.

Isshindensetsu Bio
[spoiler=Stalin's Bankai]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/kitsunewarlock/bankai2.jpg[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=I hope your all happy]

Yeah, I didn't want to make one of these things...but they just look so fun...I still think Gaia online is retarded...[/spoiler]
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Alright, my zanpakutou and its shikai are ready to go. Let me know when I can send it to you guys.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Oto Send a message via MSN to Oto

PM'd my Shikai draft to sho. Thanks in advance for looking at it. ^.^