BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > Halcyon Days RPG > Central Hub > Writing [insert spiffy name]

Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Default [PM] [Espada/1st/8th/11th/12th] Week: -- The Tyrany of One

"That's it?" The arrancar's voice was more curious then anything, arms folding casually over his chest. "You manage to stumble into my attention, my attention, and all you do is freeze and stare?" The figure let out a soft sigh. "I suppose you wouldn't know better, yet. Let me enlighten you then, and see a proper reaction from you lot."

Smile playing subtly on the surreal visage of the dread hybrid, his right arm unfolded from his chest, index finger pointed up and finally stopping just beneath his right eye. In a slow motion, the vibrant white orb rolled back, the left holding its place. Tattooed on the sensitive flesh itself was a clear, horrifying number. 1

"I am the god of this realm, and you have drawn my ire."

[130]
Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoCur

Number one. The numeral glared at them like an evil symbol of magic and Zakeriah was suddenly aware that he had no idea what his current allies could do or what their strength was. He had wanted to wait on his release until he knew he would be unable to win with his unreleased blade but now he was facing an enemy that was at or beyond the strength of most captains. An enemy that would cut them down without a second thought if they did not bring their best and if they made a single mistake. Zak let his loosely hanging shitagi and kosode fall to the white sands and reset his grip on the crimson-wrapped hilt of his zanpakutou. He drew the weapon slowly without taking his attention from the alabaster figure before them. "Iblis..." he spoke with an almost cautious note in his voice, " bear your teeth."

Almost before he finished his command the bruise colored reiatsu danced up the blade from the tip, consuming the scabbard and continuing over Zak's right arm until the entire appendage was covered with the purple and green energy as it reformed itself into the great armor. As the chains snaked over his chest and left arm the Templar knew that this was tantamount to raising a rife at the Espada's face and preparing to pull the trigger. He hoped his team was arming themselves as well.

His release completed with a huff of steam and an audible shifting of gears from his now heavily armored right arm. The jingle of heavy chain and the grip of his scythe in his left arm assured him that Iblis was ready to battle as well. Zakeriah's gaze did not falter as he stared at the alabaster opponent. "You are the god of this realm are you? Then come, strike us down." His words were damning he knew, but this was not an enemy to who he would show any weakness.

[328]

Reiatsu: 11876
Iblis' Teeth: (13064)
Zanjutsu: 7000
Hakuda: 3285
Hohou: 1515
Kidou: 76
Connection: 7916
Division Equipment
Ascalon, Clairvaux
Division techniques
Blade of the templar, Blood Bond
Items
Force of Will

Base techniques
Gigaihyou, Konsou, Reiraku Takan (thread perception), Chikaihou Shinou (Earthly Law), Reiki (spiritual healing), Fuubi (overpower), Senkaimon Koshutsu
Zanjutsu basics
Ittouryoudan (Cutting in two, 250 rei), Ijou Ittouryoudan (750rei), Buzei (2,000 rei), Kawasu- "To Turn Aside" (3,000)
Hakuda basics
Sekkinsen (close quarters), Wari Dokuro (500 rei)
Hohou basics
Flash Step
[/SPOILER]

3rd of the 11th, sig credit to mango
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM

Ilsa stared at the arrancar’s- no, Espada’s- eye for an endless moment, transfixed. One. Espada number One. This was the kind of thing that would give the Soutaichou a hard fight! Part of her wept and gibbered with terror in the back of her mind. Part of her railed at the unfairness of it all; this was supposed to be a scouting mission! Sure, she had bankai, and there were some rumors about Kyuto as well, but that didn’t mean they could take on an enemy of this magnitude and win.

We’re going to die. We’re all going to die, and our souls won’t even go on to the next life. Our deaths will only make our killer stronger.

An unnatural calm settled over her. Ilsa was a dead woman already, and she knew it. It would be her duty to hold the Espada’s attention if- when- it became necessary for the weaker members of the team to flee. This was like her fight with the Quincy in that respect... and unlike it, because she could not win. She could only do her best to inflict as much damage as possible.

I love you, Hinometori. Thank you for everything.

I have given you nothing that was not already within you, fledgling. All I did was show you how to use what you possessed.
A rush of warmth filled her, the zanpakutou spirit’s equivalent of a hug. I love you as well. We will show this creature the pain of truth before we are through!

This fight hadn’t started yet, though. Why hurry to her death? Perhaps the Espada knew something about the anomalies. If any of them managed to escape, they might be able to get information back to Soul Society and fulfill their mission. It was a slim hope, but better than none. She raised a hand toward the Templar who had dared their foe to attack. “Not so fast, Zakeriah. We will fight soon enough.”

Ilsa kept her crystal gaze on the Espada. “If you are the god of this realm, then you must know something about the reiatsu abnormalities coming from this region.” The vice-captain’s pale face was eerily composed. “That is what brings us here.”

A thought occurred to her. Although she could see everyone present with the aid of Washi no Ome, Ilsa turned her head slightly to face the truant who had separated them from their fellow shinigami. “Oh, and Kurohashi? If you attack before we are attacked or I give the word, I will treat you as an enemy.” There was no malice or anger in her words. Just the same conversational tone she had used with the Espada.

That done, she turned back to the ivory-skinned being and waited.

457/457
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Igasho

Kurohashi watched as the demon spoke curiously to the group. Each word bore with it a sense of terrifying intelligence and clarity. The walker had heard many a rumor of these beings amongst the Third, especially before the encounter with the Vizards. There had been many stories and warnings about these monsters but it had been so many centuries since anyone had actually encountered them, it was all regarded as conjecture. Now, the barbaric warrior stood before the legendary high-hollow and the stories flooded forth from his memory.

Their strength.

Their tenacity.

Their sinister drive to consume.

All the buried ideas would now come to fruition as the small group was alone with the monster. He rolled his eyes back and revealed the number one to the group. If there was anything that could have ever instilled fear in the ominous reaper, it was that very number.

One.

For the first time in the mysterious shinigami’s life, he was completely overwhelmed by terror. His body was frozen and his eyes were forcibly stuck, completely unable to move from the espada. As the girl spoke, Kurohashi realized that he had been unmoved and still clenching his zanpakutou. He forced his legs to move, stepping back slowly and realized that he couldn’t show this arrancar what he wanted: that fear that everyone was feeling at this moment. With his eyes steady, he nodded toward the young girl and waited for her command…or the espada’s move.

Whichever would come first.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Zak had been in no hurry to attack the first hollow that was obviously harmless, now that there was a being that represented clear threat in front of them they wanted to chat with it? So what if it was hunting for the anomalous energy reading or if it didn't know anything about it. This was an Espada, a creature that would like nothing more than to see the lot of them dead. He seethed but kept his thoughts to himself, he was not the leader of the group and this was not a time to be showing dissension in the ranks.

102/430

Division Equipment
Ascalon, Clairvaux
Division techniques
Items
Force of Will

Base techniques
Gigaihyou, Konsou, Reiraku Takan (thread perception), Chikaihou Shinou (Earthly Law), Reiki (spiritual healing), Fuubi (overpower), Senkaimon Koshutsu
Zanjutsu basics
Ittouryoudan (Cutting in two, 250 rei), Ijou Ittouryoudan (750rei), Buzei (2,000 rei), Kawasu- "To Turn Aside" (3,000)
Hakuda basics
Hohou basics
Flash Step
[/SPOILER]

Old 08-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Primera...

Kyu stared at that number, tried to process it, process what it meant. She looked at the arrancar, tried to figure out how he was there,
why he was there, what he wanted with them... Ugh. She stood there, in a half-crouch, listening to everyone else talk.

Mitsuyo was gone.

After such a lame first kiss, he was gone.

After she just promised she would protect him, he was gone.

Even if he was there, how could she protect him? This wasn't some hollow... it was an arrancar. It was an Espada. It was
the Espada, the Primera.

Talk. That's all she had ever been. She talked big, strutted around, demanded attention for all the training she had undergone and all the skills she thought she had. What had she ever
done? When Furi had died, she swore that she would never be that weak again. She had sworn it again every year since then. Every year.

Despite the dangerous situation, she felt her reiatsu beginning to churn under the surface, her grip tightening on her zanpakuto.

The first year out of the academy, her friend Junko was kidnapped trying to lure Kyu out. She promised to protect her, fought her way straight into the center of the nest of assassins... and in the end, it was Sayis who had to come in and save
her and her friend. And then Okaeshin... The brunette had done everything she could to support and protect her poetic friend, but none of that saved her from the coma she had endured.

Her reiatsu was simmering now, heating the air around her; it was still quietly under control, but that control was rapidly failing.

Mitsuyo... she swore to protect him, and then he nearly got killed by that hollow. In Tokyo... something happened to him after they separated. Something he wouldn't talk about. Something she hadn't been there to protect him from.

Now again, she swore to protect him; she pinky-promised, gave him the dumbest most childish kiss ever... and then
this shows up? The fucking Primera?

Glaring straight downward, Kyu began to growl under her breath. The ashen wind blew around her, whipping the long white tails of her belt and bandana around. Her whole body was stiff, rigid with fear and anger and uncertainty and determination.

Mitsuyo was gone.

"I promised..." she said quietly, in an almost childish, pleading tone. There was a hint of tears in the quiver of her voice. Kyu's knuckles were white on the hilt of her zanpakuto. Slowly, she relaxed, sliding into a more comfortable fighting stance but with her head hanging.

"I promised," the girl began again, her whole body trembling, the blade of her sword wobbling wildly. She thought about the others, holding themselves back. She thought about Ilsa, trying to talk their way out of this fight.

She thought about Mitsuyo.

Her head snapped up, grey-violet eyes blazing with reiatsu! Tears dripped from those eyes, each one glowing in the light of her eyes. With a burst of power she could feel in the center of her chest, rings of sand began to radiate outward. The sword in her hand elongated and broadened, slipping straight into its shikai form. Her burning glare settled straight on the Espada. She didn't care if he was the Primera, didn't care if he looked just like in the stories, didn't care about any of that.

"I promised..!" she yelled out. Shaking her head defiantly, she spat out, "I am not breaking my promise, even if I have to tear you limb from limb!" Taking a step forward, she pointed at the Primera with her sword. "God of this realm? You won't see any of us bowing!

"Bankai!"

[620/620]

Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 PM

"Going to start first, are you?" The Primera Espada seemed to be more observing his enemy's behaviors then to be truly concerned or invested in them. His right eye lulled back into place and arms unfolded, Left one reaching for the hilt of the dagger on his hip. A wicked smile graced his angelic features.

"Rei-at-su anom-o-lies?" Now his tone was nothing short of mocking. "Oh, what were those? Here, I'll show you. It was me simply having some fun with my minions and using my release. Sort of like stretching, I guess. But now you'll see it first hand." The smile remained. As fingers wrapped about the hilt, a radiance of pure white reiatsu broke free of the espada's body, his lips chanting words in a smooth, soft voice. "Scar the world."

But if something should have come next, it never did. His hand lifted from the hilt and he shrugged his shoulders with a tilt of his head. "Just kidding!" None the less, the amount of reiatsu coming from the being responsible for bringing Soul Society to its knees without ever lifting a personal finger was that of a captain. "This . . . is I don't know, maybe a quarter of what I'm capable of? It'll be like fighting with no hands, should make things entertaining. But watch close, now, cause I am allowed to use my feet. Are you watching? Don't blink. Don't miss a heartbeat." And with that the speaker simply vanished.

He appeared nearly at the same time in two places, the first then becoming a silhouette before washing away into the black ambiance of the demon plane's eternal night. It was only after this apparent duplication that footsteps splashed through the white sands in a blisteringly fast trail, small plumes rising in their wake to show the path to the Primera's new location. "See? Oh, well, I suppose you probably didn't. Anyway, you'd best start entertaining me right away, or I'll just have to kill someone to make the point that its best I'm not bored."

[343/473]
Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 AM

'Seriously? What is it was bad guys and their need to show off pointless moves?' Zak couldn't help but wonder. 'Then this guy not only complains about not getting bored after moving so slowly it may as well of been a week since he first proclaimed himself a god.' Zak didn't really give two shits how fast the guy was, what he cared about was the sheer strength just bleeding off of him. The Templar looked at Kyu who had just summoned her Bankai, if no one else was going to gather their wits he would need her to lead off the assault, Zak was not nearly strong enough to absorb a full on blow from this hollow and should he lead the attack that was very likely going to happen.

The chained sickles attached to his armor stirred impatiently in the ivory sands as gears shifted in his armor and released a glut of hot steam. If someone didn't move soon he was going to have to and he would probably die for it. Them's the breaks.

[182/612]

Division Equipment
Ascalon, Clairvaux
Division techniques
Items
Force of Will

Base techniques
Zanjutsu basics
Hakuda basics
Hohou basics
Flash Step
[/SPOILER]

Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM

“Tounyuu, the only reason I am not treating you like I would have treated Kurohashi for disobeying orders is that you are too powerful.” The vice-captain’s voice remained strangely calm... too calm.

Well, at least we got a possible explanation for the anomalies.

Ilsa turned toward her team. Kyuto, Zakeriah, even the sword-happy Kurohashi... all of them were here by their captains’ orders and by hers. Odds were good that all of them would die here, as so many shinigami had before them. We all knew this day would come. I just hoped it wouldn’t be so soon. She took a deep breath, tightening her grip on Hinometori. “Time to fight.”

With that she turned back to the Espada. A sense of exultation broke the calm that had filled her with the knowledge of her impending death. Finally, she would be able to use her bankai for something other than flying around the tournament grounds! Ilsa and Hinometori would fight as one... would fly as one. “Cover your eyes, people.

“Bankai, Amenokaigan no Hinometori!”

A flash of blinding white light burst from Ilsa’s body, obscuring her form for a moment. When the light died down, the vice-captain had... changed.

An angel stood there, or perhaps a Valkyrie in a white and gold shihakushou. Enormous crystal wings sprouted from her back, sparkling in the nimbus of light that surrounded her. Orbs of white fire replaced the crystal that had been her eyes, and she held a greatsword burning with the same fire. Reiatsu crackled around her.

“You want to play? Let’s play.” The vice-captain’s voice was overlaid with the piercing, sweet sound of chimes. She leapt into the air, her powerful wings kicking up plumes of sand-filled wind.

287/744
Old 08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Administrator

The brunette didn't seem to be listening at all to her vice-captain. Her reiatsu coiled around her dangerously, settling around her transformed clothing. Hakama were replaced by loose tan pants, her sleeveless black keikogi supplanted by vivid red fighting robe, longer on her left side than the right. From beneath her wild bangs, her eyes were shining with determination, one grey-violet and the other a golden amber.

In each hand she gripped a falchion, the broad, curved blades each as long as she was tall. From the white sands, dozens more of the weapons sprouted like weeds, each glimmering blade humming with eagerness to be the next in her hands.

Despite her apparent loss of control, at the feeling of Ilsa's own bankai -- when did she get that? -- a wave of relief swept through her. No matter how enraged she was, it was comforting to know she wasn't alone.

She was more likely to see Mi-kun again.

Kyuto leapt forward, bringing down one weapon in a cataclysmic vertical slice, just barely missing the Espada. As the shockwave ripped apart the sand, Kyu swung her second sword horizontally, aiming to split the Espada in half before it could react!

[200/820]