BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > Plot Sensitive Material

Old 01-06-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Men of Elements - Yuusuke v. Fuego

“So…What’re we doing, Taichou-dono?”

Monta’s question was not surprising; Yuusuke had always known that the young swordsman had a slight inability to sit still. It was something that made him endearing, regardless, and he had all the patience in the world with the young man. “There’s only a few things we can do, really. Try to find out how many enemy forces are about and then start reducing them. All we need to do is find someone who would know the former and then start cleaving.”

Monta nodded uncertainly. The monkey-like boy hadn’t really been involved in the war before. During the Battle of the Valley of the Ultimo Crepsculo, he had primarily been a courier, delivering messages from place to place. Sure, he’d slain his fair-share of Hollows before, but the members of the Sine Qua Non weren’t Hollows; they were Shinigami. There was something intrinsically different about them, about fighting other human beings. He had joined the Gotei because he believed in it, that was true, but aside from that; he knew he had to fight, but…it almost sickened him. Quivering, he replied uncertainly. “O..of course.”

Both Ren and Yuusuke seemed to notice this; it was hard not to, considering how faintly he replied. Ren scolded him, “Pull yourself together, fool. Now’s no time to be shaking in your boots.”

Shaking his head, the Captain lightly retorted, “Now, now. It’s natural to be apprehensive about this sort of thing, Ren. Not many would willingly attack another live soul. Still, Monta, they are threatening the existence of others. And we must take them down for that. Even if they are good people.”

Monta would’ve replied, and he would’ve said that he understood. That he could do it. There was no time, however. It must’ve been only a few seconds after the auburn man finished speaking when the smile melted off his face. His body tensed and his posture straitened up. His head swiveled as if perceiving something in the brush. “Ah…Looks like you two will need to do this on your own, Ren, Monta. There are other things I need to take care of here. Hurry on.”

Both man and woman stared uncertainly at the warrior before nodding hesitantly. They knew better than to hang around. Moments passed before the two had fully exited the vicinity of the Garden’s of the Second Division. “Well, you can come out now, Arrancar-dono.”

WC: 400
Seiya Kanhouden - ~72,356~
Seiya Kanhouden Akatsukiyami - ~120,594~ (8 Turns /// *60%*)
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

"One cannot predict Kidou. Avoiding it is even more impossible." ~ Kuchiki Byakuya
Old 01-07-2007, 03:27 AM

~

White was his feathery hair in the stare of fair lunar luminaire, and silver were his eyes to the grey surprise of the wise moon’s rise. Tenebrous were the oceanic skies slumbering all, all, all around him, beyond the reaches of the platinum radiance, beyond the scope of his vision that knew no dark master but this very sky, endless and without morosity for the task that was ahead of him.

Thus he nonchalantly strolled forth upon the road of glass, faintly radiated with meek rails of light that showed him the way forward. Far behind him loomed the face of the uranopolis, the caelī urbs, an unbelievable sight of an inconceivable urban tapestry, towering up, up, up beyond the crown of the skies and illuminating with the millions of flickering lights it so robed itself in, and yet not so drowned in the ubiquitously solemn night as to prevent one from uselessly absorbing its vast, ponderous scale and view: Arkadia, the orbital city-country eternally hidden in moonlight.

And so, leaving behind him the wonderful sight he even up until now had never been able to completely grasp, he continued on his way, his steps silent upon the praying glass floor, which, as he progressed even further, gently molded itself into a pier floating precariously above the surreal ocean that was the limitless night sky. Slowly, he inhaled the unpolluted, unsullied, moon-swept air with a naked smile upon his chiseled visage, and only exhaled it voluminously once he had halted just before the edge of the crystalline pier. There was not the slightest tint or shade of fear in his awakening expression: the winds were his wings, and the air was his flair, so consummate and unified the bond of Man and Nature.

Satisfied, he directed his glimpse down into the black, firmamental pit below, spotting all but a single speck of feeble white that begged and beseeched for this Paradise.

Homecoming, huh? What a joke…

In the quiet of the concealed stratosphere, there lightly beeped a succession of two electronic squeaks, to which in calm response, he lifted a finger to the miniature black device nestled in his left ear. Upon tapping it once, he grinned even more at the notes of the ensuing sweet, female voice.

“…Greyson, we’re almost in alignment.”

The crisp-clear intonation sounded a bit flat being heard by only one ear, but the man branded as ‘Greyson’ didn’t pay any heed to his normally objective habits.

“Hah… I see. So that white dot down there is Seireitei?”

“That’s right. Mind you, though, that we’re not anchored directly above Soul Society—”

“I know, I know. We’re just two and a half thousand kilometers northwest of them, right? Then this air-to-surface SCAPE jump shouldn’t be too rough.” Internally reassuring himself, Greyson waved a hand through his pure white head of hair.

“I’m telling you, you’re so full of yourself sometimes, Grey.”

A soft chuckle. “Makes life interesting… but whatever. I’m only doing this ‘cuz I owe you guys big time. Gotta keep the geezers happy and entertained, yeah?” Without hesitation, he loosened up his shoulders and swayed his head left and right for good measure. “So, Emelia, how about we stick to protocol and you give me that briefing I slept through?”

“…You’re incorrigible.” Though her electronic reply stung, Greyson knew at the end of the other line, that girl had an amused smile on her face, just as always. “Listen closely, all right? I’m not going to repeat all this junk again.

“Your mission this time is simple. You are to perform a SCAPE jump directly down; insertion point is projected to be within the northeast quadrant of Seireitei’s inner regions. You’ll be phasing into sun-up, so don’t be surprised if its morning all of a sudden down there… We need an updated estimation of ‘our’ population, but we won’t be able to procure an accurate census: a mid-scale attack has been launched on that place just a couple hours ago. Of course, the Reiatsu won’t interfere with our information transfer, but that Sekkiseki barrier will. The cross-interference is a bit too much given our distance, so you’ll have to use the detection system outfitted on your suit, gather as much data as you can, and return safely to Arkadia with it.

“And I know it’s pretty obvious, but if you’re attacked by anyone down there, Shinigami or Hollow, don’t hesitate to defend yourself. This mission isn’t just a census procurement.”

Immediately, Greyson understood why. With a fake expression of curiosity, he inspected the black-cobalt suit that clung to his body like tight leather, something he’d always hated. It was riddled with varying arrays of segmented, nylon-like plates that hid the robust miracles of technology underneath. An impact-proof vest enshrouded his upper body, a pair of super-metal shoulder guards rested upon his deltoids, and an ebon belt completed the gear, affixed with an array of auto-open pouches that held all the experimental junk. A well-concealed tantou slept within the depths of the left breast of the vest, his Eiminken. But, given the circumstances, there clung a complete katana koshirae from his left hip, which would loosen itself as soon as he landed and act as a supplementary weapon.

“Hah, sure as hell it isn’t, what with all these damn gadgets they gave me. I didn’t think they’d choose me for a tactical simulation. You know how I break these things.”

“It can’t be helped. We can’t risk having ‘them’ detect us, so a covert operation is needed. Besides, the real-world data would help out a lot. Killing two birds with one stone is a good boost to our schedule.”

“Hmph… whatever. Don’t blame me if they break.” Greyson shrugged carelessly as a lingering cloud rushed directly past his midst like a stampeding fog. For a moment or two, a smoky obscurity enveloped his view, almost prompting his body to naturally overreact to the prospect of falling off the pier unexpectedly. Almost.

“Orbital alignment in fifteen seconds. Make sure you don’t hurt any of our people.”

“Oh, I won’t… if they don’t piss me off, that is.”

“Just remember, don’t retrieve any of them unless you’re officially given the order. That includes any from Haruzaki-sama.”

Habitually, Greyson tightened his black gloves and licked his lips. “That loon… Countdown?”

“Right. Alignment locked. SCAPE jump initiating in six… five… four… three… two…”

One.

The clouds cleared.

[1,068]
~

Old 01-13-2007, 10:28 PM

His pearly white teeth revealed themselves from behind his lips as if alive and beckoned. Each tooth carved out a solid persona. Like evenly cut stones they began to appear as his lips stretched from side to side. He grinned with clenched fist as he shouted into air his voice and reiatsu thunderously rippling through the open air and structures with each pitched and spoken note.

“Mai ya hee!”

Stepping away from the wall which he had leaned against, a ripple of energy exonerating from his finger tips like a tidal wave through his sculpted body with his lips parting once again as his vocal chords shrilled through the air.

“Mai ya hoo!”

As he further stepped forward, the ground had begun to shake and crack, with him being the epicenter of the tremor. Around the vicinity of his body crackled bits of rock began to rise, compounding into a less than fragrant dust and his lips parted again uttering yet another chain prose.

“Mai ya ha!”

His fingers crackled as he released his tightly clenched fist, his figure sinking into the stone ground like a Thor’s hammer upon the earth.

“Mai ya ha ha!”

A nearby pile of bones arising from the earth, a glint of flame extending off the cartilage extinguishing as it begun to impound into a powdery substance.

“It’s show time.”

Licking his lips, the stones descended back to the ground as he stepped into view the Shinigami, the garish aural light fading back into his body, the reflection of colors off his sunglasses vanishing, as the darkness returned. The sound from his vocal chords still reverberating through the air.

[274]
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 PM

“Tch.”

The single sound of disapproval wafted from pursed lips as the mildly annoyed Captain watched the display with disdain for the creature. Waves of power rolled off the Arrancar in conjunction with his cacophony, crushing rock and branch, incinerating bone and wall. The ground groaned in protest of the release of power as the wind shrieked at the horrid wail being released.

“What a fellow. Trying to show-off your power just like that in an attempt to intimidate me.”

The tenor’s voice held a degree of both pride and anger as he verbally berated the hybrid. And yet, the corners of his mouth turned up slightly in a display of amusement as he debated whether the Arrancar was annoyingly show-offish or refreshingly different. Inside, he laughed slightly as he told himself that at least the warrior hadn’t started by making disparaging remarks, like every other enemy he’d ever faced had.

“That’s a neat trick, though. The whole ground crushing and bone incinerating deal. Though, I gotta ask – even though we both know the answer, it’s practically dictated that I need to say it anyway – those bones…do they belong to one of my subordinates, Arrancar-dono?”

He paused for a moment, before speaking up once again, “Oh yeah… And I’m fairly sure you and your Arrancar pals already researched us, but the name’s Taiken Yuusuke, Nibantai no Taichou.”

[229]
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

"One cannot predict Kidou. Avoiding it is even more impossible." ~ Kuchiki Byakuya
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 AM

“Oh? Show off? Why would anyone wish to show off? Are you Taichou-san challenging the brilliantly boisterous bravado of loquacious Numero Ciento Dos?” His voice spiraled down in volume spiking up spanning 20,000 octaves until reaching level under the range of audibility, as his the final words flickered off his tongue with earth-shaking vibrato. Each inaudible word rippled intensely through the standing structures, causing their very foundations to quake and quiver rapturously.

His sunglasses gleamed as his alabaster teeth spread to a smile behind what would seem like lacquered and glossed lips. As his mouth opened and his grin spread further, it would seem the beginning of an imperious seizure of the surroundings. However, he spoke as if the prevailing winds had instantly swept the ninety-nine percent humidity-rated tensions away.

“You have not heard of such a song Taichou-san? It has been quite popular on the streets of Japan, and in Europe…” Reaching to the left side, his hands gravitated towards his blade before reaching beyond towards a thin leather pouch removing a strange white object and a pair of dynamite sticks. “Hmmmmmm…” After short contemplation in staring at it, he removed his black leather glove pressing his finger against the thin edges of the hazardous object.

“Do you know of this?” He raised it up causing it to flash and gleam against the moonlight like a wakizashi except with corporate marketing power. “iPod本体? Sounds are stored here. Ripping at the clothed dynamite he removed a mechanical widget with its grated surface reflecting the moonlight. “One momento…” For a moment his voice though deep like that of an Opera Singer, reminisced one of human who remained in their room over shiny electronics, colorful figurines and fear of sunlight. He plugged in the wires before a crackling sound emitted from the two chocolate-bar shapes.

Mai a hee
Mai a hoo
Mai a ha
Mai a ha ha

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc……

[328]
Old 01-22-2007, 08:08 PM

“ai…Poddu?”

The man’s mouth contorted in a desperate attempt to properly pronounce the foreign word. How long had it been since he’d listened to music? The man pondered this question, coming up with an answer of far too long. That answer also applied for the question of how long had it been since he’d bothered to journey to earth. The realm of the living had always seemed so sadly foreign to him, a world completely different from the one he belonged to. It was odd…considering that his most treasured memories had been of his time on earth.

The corners of his mouth, however, turned up and almost simultaneously, his foot began to tap lightly to the beat of the music. “Ah, I’m afraid I haven’t heard of such a thing before, Arrancar-dono. You know, they keep us on a tight leash here. If we leave without permission, we get sent to bed without any supper and they might even spank us.”

Despite his almost jovial manner, the Captain’s brain was noting something of great importance – or at least, something that set off alarms in his head. He’s been to Earth as an Arrancar. That’s not something that can be considered welcome news.

The object that emitted the oddly catchy sounds was equal odd, in his mind, and he was certain that Fenre-taichou would love to get his hands on that device. As the music blared at full force, Yuusuke could feel his extremities flail in an unfamiliar pattern. What was it they called this sort of movement? Ah yes. Dancing. Hips shaking, arms extending towards the sky, legs moving at odd angles and in quick repetitions without going anywhere.

Alo, Salut, sunt eu, un haiduc,
Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt eu Picasso,
Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic

He almost giggled as the next lines of lyrics – the chorus, Yuusuke supposed – blasted through the two oddly shaped plugs. In a shocking moment where he was glad the only one around was the Arrancar, the man began to sing along with the lyrics. His own control over his Reiatsu was loosened, and tiny “jolts” of power began to lick the steadfast earth with every step that crashed into the ground.

”Mai ya hee!
Mai ya hoo!
Mai ya ha!
Mai ya ha ha!”

A grin of enjoyment slid on to his face as he danced, and any attempt to remain stoic had quickly been disintegrated. And perhaps, it was more than enjoyment that was fueling the mage; his amber eyes twinkled with something other than that emotion. “My, my, that was fun. I could dance to that all day, couldn’t you?”

[ 455 ]
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

Old 02-01-2007, 07:44 PM

“No. No I cannot. Stop the lies… NO MORE”
The smile vanished from his lips, as his imploding words escaped his body causing a ripple of flesh to erupt from his neck like a volcano, a wave-like bump traveling with the speeds of a shunpo through his body like a rolled-up carpet down a hill.

The display of his bravado was violent, visual, and filled veracity. It was like watching a man bulging with two hundred-pound of sweat-covered masculinity, a heaping mass of muscle, feasting down on a steak, no, an entire cow cooked whole in the middle of a barren field with only his bare hands and feet.

His fist crunched together with the force of dynamite. As his thinly lipsdrawn moved, he spoke with the volume of a Saharan Lion, the king of the desert in a volume of unprecedented proportions as if Mars had crashed into the earth creating a destructive quiver heard far beyond the extent of the solar system,

“I CANNOT STAND WHEN OTHERS DANCE TO MY MUSIC, NO MORE FROM YOU!”

As he pointed with his one finger, his lips spread to a grin of lunacy. He gestured the captain approach him with the waggling of his finger. His muscles bulging as he signaled. And with each waving motion of his finger he caused the air bubble and steam.

[230]
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM

A thin smile spread over the joyous features of the Captain during the display of lunacy; such things were almost to be expected from creatures like the Arrancar. The coarse haori flapped violently in the torrential currents of acrid air and scalding steam as the man observed his opponent, feelings of anticipation coursing through his veins as adrenaline.

“Can’t stand others dancing, huh? Too bad cuz I do so enjoy tapping my feet to the groove of this beat.”

His eyes narrowed as the surging winds swept the front margin of the jacket back in a majestic motion, to reveal a pair of twin wakizashi, the ebon saya twinkling eagerly in the mid-day glare of the sun. Grabbing both weapons by their respective tsuka, they were both unsheathed in a single fluid motion, kissaki aimed at the abomination.

“Let’s start this thing up…maybe you’ll learn a thing or two you didn’t know, Arrancar-san.”

There was strength in him, yes, and perhaps it would be a difficult fight. He had always pitied Hollows more than detested them, even the ones who eventually rose to the status of Arrancar, but that didn’t stop him Wouldn’t stop him. Steely resolve filled him as his reiryoku began to violently pulsate within, wildly expending outwards and then shrinking back inwards.

A moment later, and the auburn haired warrior had already moved from his earlier place of occupation through use of the technique, shunpo. It was only a minor change in place, bringing him perhaps several feet closer to the enemy. Kidouryoku flooded into his arms, and extended into his Zanpakutou via use of the technique Oni Tsugikomi, as he grinned excitedly. Words that would’ve taken more than several seconds to speak flew out in only a single second, completely indistinguishable. “Bakudou no Gojuugo, Diamond Dust!”

The oppressive steamy air surrounding the unmasked began to sparkle as the Kidou took immediate effect, and Yuusuke had no doubt that the flame-powered warrior could melt through the frost in a matter of seconds…but seconds were all that he needed. The waste water from the rime would serve it’s purpose, he reflected, as a second portion of his kidouryoku came twirling forth from the depths of his soul. He spoke again, maintaining the same speed and intensity of the words with use of his Eishouhaki skill, "Hadou no Rokujuusan, Raikouhou!!!"

As the massive bolt of cerulean thunder bore towards his opponent, Yuusuke smiled almost apologetically, and prepared for the inevitably retaliation.

[455]
Zanjutsu – 11,744
Hakuda – 3,442
Hohou –16,724
Kidou – 28,387
*See Profile*
Enishi – 59,367
[/SPOILER]

Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM

“Kidou desu ka?” His fingers crackled thunderously steaming even as he remained there, the waves of kidou arriving at an inconspicuous speed to his position. Yet he stood unwavering with the light of the two spells reflected off his tinted shades.

His fists compounded were like gauntlets, similar to those of the knights of Valhalla as they steamed on the approach of the waves of danger. His muscular body began to function with sheer raw power erupting into never before seen manners as the steam of his fists vanished turning that into that of clarity. His body was positioned squarely before the kidou, his feet bent into those of a sprinter embedded deep within the earth as he prepared for the impact.

And as it arrived, his lips peeled back with an usual smile, an invisible layer of air spiking into the entrails of each spell as if unseen spikes had drifted, impacting the two spells, carried by the absence of wind. Like that of a black hole, both the lightning and ice crystals from the captain had vanished, a inches from his outstretched fist with the exception of a very light mist that gathered on the dusty crumbled tiles.

Shifting his body, his eyes briefly scanned the surroundings, scrubs surrounding the empty setting. He smiled before bending down with his fist slamming powerfully into the earth and causing a grand circumference of the ground to compress and the land to slant towards his position as if a meteor had landed.

[251]
Old 02-05-2007, 03:39 AM

~

The nights witnessed him teetering calmly upon the edge of the glass pier that overlooked the solemn duskscape. Greyson sealed away the argent of his irises, still bearing witness to the faint, pearl moonlight that penetrated the still eyelids, and eased the tension from his shoulders and arms, which now lingered at his sides as the wings of a gryphon, testing the stratospheric winds and ever vigilant of the maiden drafts.

…There.

A slow smile curved upon his Pachelbel countenance in silent canon. He basked in the ubiquitous chill of the thin breezes but for an instant, before the height of his tall body tilted forward, forward, and down, down, the Hour’s hand reciting the tales of unripe mornings, until the soles of his feet felt earthly pressure no longer. Now in the cradle of night, with only the ocean of wind to steer his exponential plunge, Greyson thought about the pier of crystal shrinking from view as he fell through the indigo clouds, the daunting enormity of mother Arkadia similarly distancing herself away from his flight, and the vividness of the moon infinitely above him, casting less and less of its lapis lazuli radiance upon his sable form, till he was but a single shadow amongst the deepest kin of the dark where the moonlight dared not reach, a newly fallen pebble amongst the primordial sediments.

And in that moment, that frozen pane of Time, there was nothing in his mind, nothing his eyes can find, for in the midnight black, he was blind. The atmospheric winds had stopped buffeting him. The air no longer howled rancorously in his ears. The ice, the myriads of hanging, hoary mists that so prided themselves in their snowy constitutions, might have been inclined and perhaps made even haughtier as to proclaim the stillness of the moment as a miracle of their own craft: Greyson remained within the darkness without a word, without a twitch, without a thought. But if the skies above him, now a mere nostalgic azure glow in black vignette, bejeweled with that single lunar eye, was the ocean that had birthed him, indeed, he must have now touched down upon the floor of the sea.

…Here again…

…

…

…

“…Extradimensional boundary contacted… Phase shift at nominal lev…”

…and morning was upon Greyson. Morning spanned stretches and stretches around him, from the livid, saccharine air, the sudden brilliance that was the surreal firmaments, to the white iridescence of the sun that warmed and caressed his features with the softest touch. He found himself plunging down through the air again, but also discovered himself to be incapable of seeing: though the skies themselves were fair, wide, and pleasing to all manners of his senses, what lied below possessed such a godborne, celestial quality that it overwhelmed his very sight. And plunging down closer to the beckoning earth as he was, Greyson immediately complained.

“Oi, oi, oi, oi!! I can’t see a d*mn thing!!”

The squeamish voice in his earpiece replied immediately. “Greyson, can you hear me?”

“Eme—! D*amn right I do! Where am I supposed to—”

Goosebumps stampeded all throughout his skin, for what he heard next took even him by surprise…

…waves.

Waves of water, waves of light, waves of a true sea, a true sea! With his heart in a genuine palpitation amidst all the crisp drafts rising through his stably plummeting self, Greyson descended further through the transparent clouds, and took in an eagle’s sight of a thriving ocean not of aquatic hues or shades, but of gold, pearl, silver, platinum—it was a sea of flowing, crashing, tiding, cresting light. The very surface of it shimmered and sparkled in sun-kissed glitters, rippling softly here and enthusiastically there. And in absence of the usual scent of salt, there was an aroma of incomprehensibly faint nectar pervading the presence of the shining sea.

It was, beyond any doubt, what lied outside of the known Soul Society.

However, such a realization produced no effort to comfort the silver-strand mercenary, who still yet continued to plunge from the white skies without any sign of stopping.

“Sh*t! I’m this far from the insertion point…?! What the hell are you doing, woman?!”

Within Greyson’s earpiece ensued a series of hurried rummagings.

“I-I-I-I’m sorry! I spilled tea on the navigation keybo… d-don’t worry, I’ll get you in, just hold on tight!”

“You spilled what on the keyboard—“

“Ahaha! Two-thousand something kilometers should be a breeze, right?!”

Greyson’s eyes dilated at those very words.

Oh no… no, not that again—

Emelia giggled in his ears. “Overriding generator output; start SCAPE jump!”

There was no time for complaints, even those of the subconscious. Greyson scrambled to curl his body up into a ball, for what was about to come could very well turn him into a literal meteor. Adequately in position (somewhat) with the gauntlets of air still buffeting his falling form, Greyson hugged his knees tightly and crossed together two of his fingers for good luck.

And the winds stopped. The voices of the sea ceased calling. In the absence of the freefall gravitational forces, the mercenary once again found himself in perfect stillness, and cautiously opened his eyes to behold before him—all around him a sight that discomforted the mercenary to no end: the sparkling sea blurred below him and vanished beyond his sight without a sound. Teeming forests, slithering rivers, glowing lakes, whole mountain ranges, all swept past from underneath with frightening alacrity, as if he’d been immersed in a nature documentary that’d been fast forwarded much, much, much too quickly.

An instance of civilization arrived in his view, and that, too, in all of its innumerous streets, locales, and districts, disappeared below him in the same manner. And what he saw now immediately jerked up one of his eyebrows—a city of white. There was no telling of its intimate details, because it, too, approached his view with a dizzying speed blur.

But what Greyson noted now was that the white city—Seireitei, no doubt—did not pass through under him, but into him. Not even a moment was spared for him to realize that he was falling until, alas, the forces of nature overtook him once again. The winds rammed into his meteorically descending body, the gravitational forces squeezed blood to his extremities and into his very core in a looping rhythm, all churning and grinding him like a mere stalk of wheat laid bare in a ravenous mill. Yet even such a rapid deceleration did not stop him from taking note of the court grounds sprawling with innumerous skirmishes. Indeed, Emelia’s intelligence was correct.

It was only until a rather large building appeared that Greyson began to unfold his limbs amidst the raging air resistance.

That is, a very large building.

In fact, too large to merely be called ‘large.’

It was preposterously huge, but of course, it had to be. Any building would be if one where to look at it close enough, and in Greyson’s case, it was only until his face was an inch away from the building’s outermost wall that he realized how gigantic it was… and how painful. The human meteor, one who quite literally fell out of the sky (and who had at that point been smart enough to curl himself up into a ball again), cacophonously crashed into the citadel branded with a “二” and blasted further into its depths, violently (yet swiftly) blowing through the innumerous hardwood floors, myriads of furniture, and tatami mats like a bullet ripping through tissue paper.

At last, the rapid-fire collisions ceased, and Greyson fell through empty air once more. Quickly choosing this very instant in time to finally land on firm ground, the mercenary shot his eyes open, uncurled his body vigorously in the air, and protruded his legs forward in preparation. The black soles met hard, vegetated earth, yet the sheer momentum of the freefall pushed the mercenary forth even further, leaving in his wake a voluminous path of parted soil and twenty wasted hours of someone’s gardening.

But of course it was a garden! It must’ve been. Greyson had not seen such a beauteously laid-out landing point, he realized—much too organized to be natural and such a shame to be ruined by a good-for-nothing like him! Nevertheless, his disastrous presence abruptly stopped grinding against the earth. Piles of upheaved soil fumed before him as the result of his braking feet, hot mire steamed behind him, but even worse, to his left and right was a dubiously attired freak and what seemed like a Shinigami Captain respectively.

Thus, silence suddenly came upon them… with the exception of one funky tune that played subtly in the backdrop.

Finding the inactivity awkward, Greyson licked his lips, straightened up his surprisingly unscathed body, and glanced here and there without moving his neck. It was a garden, and a well-tended one at that, overshadowed by the monolithic citadel that now proudly bore a diagonal tunnel, which had by then began to fill with screams and complaints from several of the exposed girls’ bathing rooms.

Hard as it was, Greyson pried himself from the pleasant outcries and heavily stepped out of the ruinous path. With his gloved left hand diving into one of his pockets, he glimpsed at both men…

…and picked his nose.

“Y—o.”

[1,564]

~