BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > The Urahara Shoten (Arts Section) > Tenchou's Office (Resources & Tutorials)

Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Babbo Send a message via MSN to Babbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seika View Post
No. This is bullshit.

Plain and simple.

Don't spam this thread, if you believe you're right, make a thread weighing up the pros and cons of both Photoshop and GIMP and I'll gladly rip it to shreds.

Thanks.

~Seika

Edit: I never told anyone how to get photoshop. Simply said that they should get it. Please don't misunderstand, if they want to ignore my advice, they can go ahead.
It's already been done man. Just google up Gimp vs photoshop and you'll find dozens of people saying the exact same thing.

http://grimthing.com/archives/2007/0..._vs_Photoshop/

http://www.askreamaor.com/image-and-...ar-in-history/

Sigs are so incredibly simple to make that it doesn't really matter. You do not need Cs3 to make a sig. Elements is good enough as long as you can live with out a pen tool. And Babbo says this because mostly because there are entire forums out there dedicated to the use of GIMP with plenty of talented people making some pretty damn good sigs with it. Say all you want, but you can get results with gimp. Nothing you can say will change that.

And come on now. You're telling them that photoshop is a the best thing to make sigs with. Even if you don't say it outright you should know well enough what people will do because of such advice. There are two ways that they will get get it. And you're fooling yourself if you think people will spend $200+ (and the $200 dollar end is if you're lucky, you'll prolly have to end up spending $300-$400 even if you shop around)to make pretty pictures for a forum. Especially when you're talking about teenagers and college students for the most part here.

On another note, if people worry over the interface of gimp there's always http://www.gimpshop.com/ Babbo has yet to try it (in the process atm since babbo really doesn't use gimp all too much), but he's heard good things from most people.

Babbo Talks However The **** He wants to!
Starcraft 2 currently owns my soul so don't be surprised if I disappear for weeks on end >.>
[spoiler="Heh heh heh...."] [spoiler="LMAO"][/spoiler]
[spoiler= o,o][/spoiler]
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. ~ Winston Churchill
[/spoiler]
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Seika Send a message via MSN to Seika Send a message via Yahoo to Seika

Babbo, you're an idiot, seriously.

Make me a sig as good as Sky Gypsy's (Someone who I consider good at making sigs) on GIMP, and I'll admit I was wrong. Until then, don't bother trying to justify that GIMP is better than photoshop.

DON'T REPLY UNTIL YOU CAN DO THIS.

||
Halcyon Days || Alistair Charles Kray || Orpheus ||

Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Babbo Send a message via MSN to Babbo

Since when are babbo and sky gypysy the defining point for whether GIMP can be used successfully for making sigs o,o?

Can you even make something as good as sky gypsy with photoshop? It's nice and all that you're willing to post in here and you have made some valid points, but you haven't posted any work of your own here even once. It kinda hurts your credibility here.

Here check this out: http://www.gimptalk.com/
Look through the tuts and forums. Plenty of people there that are every bit as good or better than sky gypsy. All with gimp.

And who said it was better? Read: Babbo said it's good enough. That's all. Those two links Babbo posted up had people who work with photoshop commercially saying the same thing as babbo. If that's not enough then you just can't be helped man.

In any case encouraging people to get photoshop just isn't very good practice in this kind of setting <.<

Babbo Talks However The **** He wants to!
Starcraft 2 currently owns my soul so don't be surprised if I disappear for weeks on end >.>
[spoiler="Heh heh heh...."] [spoiler="LMAO"][/spoiler]
[spoiler= o,o][/spoiler]
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. ~ Winston Churchill
[/spoiler]
Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rukia92

what is this post about =P ? by the way to do you put the link like the FC hyperlinks and once you click it it shows ur sigs D:? cos i have no idea how
Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to damage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seika View Post
Babbo, you're an idiot, seriously.

Make me a sig as good as Sky Gypsy's (Someone who I consider good at making sigs) on GIMP, and I'll admit I was wrong. Until then, don't bother trying to justify that GIMP is better than photoshop.

DON'T REPLY UNTIL YOU CAN DO THIS.

I did it on MS Paint. 1/3 of a sig is copying a picture, i copied your one. the other 2/3 is customizing it, i added a miniscule dot somewhere in the middle.
Happy?

Anyway, as for GIMP vs Photoshop, i don't like either very much, neither interfaces are very user-friendly. I find Paint.NET is a good image editor, it has most the features of GIMP and Photoshop, and there are plugins available too.

Meh, MS Paint rulz t3h m0s7

[SPOILER="Aizen Battle Equation (Tested and Proven)"]His attack = Effort*Level+(Weapon/Distance from opponent)

Where level = ge/g

Where ge could equal = 1 (Gelled hair) or 0 (Not gelled hair)
And g could = 1 (Without glasses) or 0 (With glasses)

Against Komamura, Effort = 0,
Weapon equals = Kidou = 2 (Hand = 1, Sword = 3, Shikai and Bankai = 4 and 5).
Distance = 0.2m (Komamura was attacking him)
So his attack equals... 10.

Now we just need to scale it against all the other battles.
[/SPOILER]

Shi- My sword's out of ammo!

Official baker of the Bleach forums

^^ I'm 25=mn on the Anime Central forums.

My Youtube channel -
http://youtube.com/user/damage2

My artwork!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dirtjumper

Anyone wanna revive this thread? (without the arguments plzthx)

[spoiler="Halcyon Days"]
[/spoiler][spoiler="Claims/FC's"]
------People-----
Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV - Cowboy Bebop
Shippo - Inuyasha
Death The Kidd - Soul Eater

------Items------
tentōken - Bleach

[/spoiler]
Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM

im new here and i dont know how to make my own thread..anyone able to help me please send me a message please
Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to bleachlover20053

dude just press new thread at the top of the section, add a title and ur stuff and voila

and omg i cant believe ppl arguing about GIMP and Photoshop

b4 u make ur arguments, tell me have u even used both of them? unless u guys used both at least for three months plz dont argue which one is better b/c u guys just dont know diddly

With these transient wings, we'll fly
And within my embrace, I'll protect you