BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > Quincy > The Bloodlines

Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Voodoo Gnomes

Send a message via AIM to Genesis. Send a message via MSN to Genesis.
Default Nathaniel Ayers

Contact Info:
MSN: lizardpeople@hotmail.com
AIM:
lizardpatriarch
NateAyerss

AWESOME picture done by Stephie!

[floatright][/floatright]

Blessed (or cursed, in his opinion) with eidetic memory, it has caused him to grow into something of a subdued, almost grim, young man. Constantly assailed by a torrent of memories, both good and bad and remembered in perfect clarity, Nathaniel wages a war with his mind every waking moment of his life as he struggles to keep his thoughts clear and mind focused; save for when he sleeps, his mind is still then. He never dreams.

Catch him during one of those rare hours where he has managed to get a grip on his memory and he's an amicable and animated young man who's love of life--normally suppressed to the casual onlooker by the struggle he faces daily--becomes apparent as his eyes begin to sparkle and dance with humor and good cheer. Recently, however, Nathaniel's mood has become much more volatile. Unlike ever before, he's become more extroverted and not always in a good way.

At times he's deliberately antagonizing and will simply refuse to back down from an argument and hold a grudge for hours, even days afterwards. Then there are times when he forgets what has been done to him; usually during moments of extreme excitement or academic absorbtion. These are changes, showing themselves occasionally enough to be considered 'not to pose a potential risk' by his evealuators at work; but for someone with a memory that spans the long years of his life, he notices each and every swing, every shouted word, every searing glare and at times it's simply too much to bear. .

Physical

Just twenty-one years of age, Nate is sharp featured with an angular jaw and prominent nose, Nathaniel is considered more striking than handsome. Heavy lids rest atop weary brown eyes which rest below prominent thick brows. Standing five feet, eight inches tall, Nathaniel's body is compact, almost stocky stocky and powerfully built. He keeps his hair short and well kept, paying similar attention to the thin beard that runs along his jawline. He dresses in a simple fashion consisting of well fitted jeans and equally well fitted t-shirts or well tailored button down shirts.

Following his torture at the hands of the two heads of Cerberus co-operation and the discovery of his new powers; Nathaniel's style has changed slightly. While he still sticks to what he has always worn, he's become a bit more rough, harder, tougher and this is reflected in the way he presents himself. His beard is a little more scruffy and he's always seen with a pair of fingerless gloves that he never takes off. He's also taken to wearing a toque even if it's not cold enough to justify one. If you ask him why, he'll simply smile and say "because it keeps my thoughts from running amok." Whether or not this is strictly true, nobody quite knows. Possibly not even Nathaniel himself.

Biography

--Updated to cover everything up to and including Nate's Quincy to AH transformation.

Nathaniel's parents emigrated from Germany to the United States about five years before Nathaniel was born. There the young Nathaniel grew up, went to school, played with friends and fought his curse of a memory all in ignorant bliss about his family's history. This, however, was not his fault and hardly unexpected for somewhere in the distant past, a Quincy of the Erdeschalk line married a direct ancestor on his mother's side. Sadly, over the many years since that happened, the Quincy power that once ran strongly enough in the Ayers' line began to fade almost to the point of dying out completely...though the knowledge of their power--now whispered only in darkness among those of the family who had been born with a fragment of skill--remained.

By the time Nathaniel was born, his mother, Sophia, was the last of the Ayers who knew of the unnatural power than ran in her blood, though she possessed not enough of it to make use of what she knew--until Nathaniel was born. In her young son, with the ghost of power that she possessed she could feel the dormant ability that lay dormant within her son.

For years, Nathaniel remained ignorant of his gift, save for being able to see ghosts, something which he wrote off as lingering memories that floated before his mind from time. However, when he was in his last year of high school, Nathaniel began to realize that there were certain things that he could do that others his age could not. He could run faster, jump farther, see farther and, most disturbingly of all, he discovered that he could feel the presences of his peers around him. Astonished and alarmed, he confronted his mother about what was going on...he figured that she might know something...he could feel it. So, looking weary and resigned, she sat him down and explained what little she knew.

Over the summer of that year, Nathaniel and his mother stole off to a secluded area of Central Park and there she taught him the basics of what she could not do. She taught him only enough to keep his power from overflowing and causing problems by interacting with the material world around him. But most importantly, she pressed upon him the importance of keeping his power shut down and hidden lest nightmarish creatures hunt him down and rend his body to naught but gore.

So that was how it was all throughout Nathaniel's University years, he never used his power, he never spoke of it, he tried even to keep from thinking of it. Things were going well enough and he wasn't troubled by the daemons his mother had told him of. Then, upon his graduation, Nathaniel was hired out of school by a Japanese aerospace engineering firm and his life turned upside down the moment he stepped off the plane in Tokyo.

For almost three whole weeks, Nathaniel managed to live a rather pleasant life in Tokyo before all hell broke loose. It seemed that with the move to a city with so much spiritual activity, Nate's dormant powers were beginning to wake up. After being attacked by a number of hollow and after a terrifying meeting with shinigami exile Hisao Adachi, Nathaniel began to realize that there was something else about the city. Despite his best efforts, in the end, Nathaniel's fledgling spiritual powers were detected and identified. That was when Yokoham Pharmaceuticals and Cerberus Co-operation came into his life.

Tricked into revealing his nature under the influence of a nano-molecular drug forced upon him by Agent Shihara Zakki, the young scientist gave the other man far too much information. Intrigued and infuriated with Nate, Zakki was compelled to entice Nathaniel to follow him back to his headquarters; which the ever curious Nathaniel did. Little did he know then, but it would become a choice upon which he would reflect upon with only the greatest regret. It was there, in the Cerberus atrium, that Nathaniel met Ciro Martelli for the first time.

Martelli, intrigued by the research possibilities that the growing Quincy provided, the Director made Nathaniel his test subject. The following few hours would become the darkest in Nathaniel's life to date. His body and mind were torn asunder as Martelli and his second in command, Hashira Riki, conducted their experiments. Together, driven by a twisted idea of what was science, they broke his body, his mind and the young man's soul. Fractured beyond repair, Nathaniel's powers ran amok, destroying the operating theatre and purging the intoxicants from his system. He had been on the very verge of imposing swift judgment upon the two heinous scientists when what they had done to him compiled and crashed brutally into place.

Nathaniel's Quincy powers flickered and vanished. Broken and devastated, Nathaniel had collapsed knowing that something within him had changed, irrevocably, forever more.

Days turned into weeks and slowly Nathaniel began to discover what had been done to him. They hadn't stripped him of his powers, they had changed him. Made him less that Quincy. Disgusted, Nathaniel ignored the newfound ability and strength flickering in the corners of his mind and eyes. Determined to get back on track, the scientist--against his better judgment--took the job offered to him by Cerberus cooperation; he would wait, watch and then act.

He would have his vengeance.

A Quincy once again, Nathaniel is now focused on leading the group known as the Quincy Resistance Front.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Voodoo Gnomes

Stats
Nathaniel Ayers -- Unaffiliated Quincy
Reiatsu: 5791
~Cuimhne 6370~(10% Efficiency)
Shuuhaku: 493//737
Chakudan: 1258
Kyuuzu: 2014
--Skill Focus: 2316
Douryuu: 2519
Ginkaihou: 0

Dentouritsu: 4925

Feats [1 slot | 1 Spec Point]:

Items:
[U] Holographic Memory
[U] Physical Memory
-----Bakudou #15: Shouaku
-----Bakudou #30: Shitotsu Sansen

Kan: 995

Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Voodoo Gnomes

Name: Cuimhne (Memory)

[SPOILER="His Cross"][/SPOILER]

Form: When Nathaniel chooses to manifest his True Manifestation, the reishi he draws to himself form into the shape of a classic recurved bow which, having no solid form at this point, glows a subtle blue-gray. His arrow points are in the style of a traditional triangular broadhead.

[SPOILER="Reference"]Arrow Point:

Recurved/Composite Bow:
[/SPOILER]

Ability: Due to his skill with Hirenkyaku, Nathaniel has developed the ability to apply that same motion technique to an arrow, meaning that he is able to speed one arrow valued at 50% his shuuhaku towards a target at a speed equal to his Douryuu. The ability costs the remaining 50% shuuhaku to use. Only one arrow may be fired in this manner per turn and may not have additional techniques applied to it.

Ability: Nathaniel has, during his time as a Cerberus employee, studied the properties of reishi and their manipulation; going so far as to force his former powers as an Advent Human to take a different form relying heavily on reishi manipulation. He has found that when manifesting his bow, this heightened ability to control reishi allows him to vary the amount of shuuhaku he places into arrows. This, in turn, allows him to fire numerous arrows at varying strengths. (Example: fire one arrow at 33% shuuhaku and fire a second arrow at 66% shuuhaku)
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Voodoo Gnomes

Items and Feats

Items

Item Name: Holographic Memory

Item Tier: D

Item Physical Description: A flat, silver bracelet with strings of binary code inscribed on the surface. More or less unremarkable.
[SPOILER="RE: Physical Description"][/SPOILER]

Item Acquisition: Having been born with eidetic memory, Nathaniel has spent a great deal of time searching for ways to make his memory useful not only to himself but to others as well. So, during his research into nanomachines at his engineering firm in Tokyo, the young scientist found a way to take the electrical nerve pulses and chemical reactions that constitute memory and give them form outside of his mind.

Item Abilities: By focusing calling reishi into his brain and along his nerve system, Nate is able to channel the chemical reactions and electrical impulses of his memory to the nanomachines contained in his bracelet. For a cost of 50 reiatsu he is able to make the nanotech in his bracelet project a 'hologram'--a visual and sensory reproduction--of a specific memory viewable by only one person.

Name: Physical Memory

C-Tier Item

Physical Description:
A network of subcutaneous implants that Nathaniel has laced through his hands. While implants themselves are invisible, the result--bumps and ridges in his skin--are quite obvious, tracing geometric patterns across his hands.
[SPOILER="RE: Physical"][/SPOILER]
Item Abilities:
The implants are essentially a digital version of kidou scrolls; allowing Nathaniel to cast a kidou who's information is stored within the implants (does not need the scroll to do so). However, the devices aren't perfect and are able to store only one kidou.
Stored Kidou:
  • Bakudou #15: Shouaku
  • Bakudou #30: Shitotsu Sansen
Item Acquisition:
Made by Nate since becoming an AH. He has retained the ability to use this item as a Quincy since he is still able to utilize reiatsu to power techniques and has developed a degree of immunity to his own reiatsu (re: Nintai).

Feats

--Slot and spec point.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Voodoo Gnomes

Writing

Chapters:
Week 155: In Over My Head
Week 157: Damn Pharmaceutical Companies
Week 165: Developmental Disabilities
Week 166: Feet on the Ground; Head in Conspiracy
Collabs:
[Moonie] Week 155: Curiosity and a Conference
[Sev] Week 157: Semi-Fiction
[Moonie] Week 157: I Had Revelations
[Shad] Week 157: Old Men Are Creepy
[Hiren/Raph] Week 160: Genesis -- The transformation collab.
[Moonie] Operation Far-Sight Arc
[Hiren] Week 164: The Unforgiven
[Inky/Trio/Bob][BOUNTY] Week 166: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!
[Hiren] Week 167: Regenesis

Halcyon Entropy Plot Missions '10
[All C]
Week 167:
Code-Red
[All Q] Week 167: So It Begins
[All V] Week 167: World at War
[Q/O] Week 167: A Light in the Dark
[Q] Week 167: Resistance Rising
[Adena/Vince] Week 168: What Madwomen Want -- History of the QRF
[Shipping District] Week 169: Do Not Handle With Care
[Warehouse] Week 169: Out of the Frying Pan...
[Sougi]Week 169: The Cradle Shall Fall
[AH/Q/OPEN] Week 169: THe Never-Ending Game
[Vince/Ilsa] Week 169: Vengeance for the Dead

HD World Tournament '10:
Spectator
Exhib
Participant
-----------
[P/10th] Week 156: Hollow, Round 1 | Moriyama Tokiwa vs. Derek Clarke
[Bunz] Week 156: Exhibition Match | Nathaniel Ayers vs. Moriyama Tokiwa
[Self] Week 156: Hollow Round 1 | Nathaniel vs. Jack
[Bish] Week 158: Hollow Round 2 | Nathaniel vs. Derek
[Pho] Week 161: DID NOT COMPLETE
[Nelo] Week 164: Hollow Final | Nathaniel vs. Raury

Word Counts

[floatleft]United Front
Chapter Word Count -- 5666[/floatleft]Shihara Zakki -- 28,292
Sev -- 7211
Hiren -- 5601
Grif -- 4440
Bunz -- 3737
Shad-- 3415
Bish -- 2894
Self -- 2353
Raph -- 2001
Zen -- 1477

Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Voodoo Gnomes

James Andario
11th Division -- Unseated
Profile written in a very unorthodox manner.

"Come, my dear. Sit, have wine, relax and let me tell you a tale of great woe, great deeds and greater strength. It is my story from when I was a younger man, young, fit and dashing; fresh from the Academy and looking only forward. I tell you now, that when age comes upon you, you wish you could look only forward yet here we are, looking back on my past and trying to make some meaning of it.

"Alas, I digress.

"Yes, my dear, there was time when I tilted windmills and fought dragons and danced with the prettiest girls that the Rukongai and Seireitei had to offer. It was a grand time; but it could not last. I grew up, undertook greater responsibilities and joined, much to my distaste, the powerful Eleventh Division. At the time it was all about the ladies. How they'd love me, I had thought to myself back then. Yet it came to be that I found myself too consumed by my duties, fighting the SQN, then fighting the factions of the earth. I grew stronger, more refined in my actions and choices as the horrors of battle took me.

"There will never be a time where I shall stand upon the battlefield engaged in a senseless brawl, no, the rules of war must apply, one must conduct one's self with dignity and poise. Be curious to his opponent and fight in a refined fashion. Anything else is less than proper. So that is what I do, though it is less popular with the girls, it is more popular with the women, who, sadly are all that is left for me to attract. The marks of age show themselves in the most subtle, yet most potent ways from time to time.

"Now, there is more to my story that I will not reveal just yet. Come back another day and well will talk more, but for now let us sit back, enjoy our wine and talk of things not important."

Reiatsu: 10,000
~???~
Zanjutsu: 2000
Hakuda: 0
Hohou: 2000
Kidou: 6000
Connection: 7000

Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Voodoo Gnomes

N.B. This is still very much a work in progress. I just needed to get something up to keep me coming back.

Daniel Witchlow
Unaffiliated Advent Human
Boyfriend of Nathaniel Ayers

Name: Daniel Witchlow
Faction: Unaffiliated Advent Human

Personality: Extroverted, laid back and cheerfully friendly, Daniel's love of life is plain as day to any. Obvious in his gait, interactions and disposition, this energy and intensity seems to invigorate others; winning him many friends and few enemies. That said, he is not one to take great risks, he was raised to be wary and watchful rather than brash and loud...though he is still very much your average twenty-two year old.

The son of an American spy, he was taught a few things by his father. Keen observation and analysis are two traits things that he learned and retained, making him wary on occasion--mostly when a situation looks like it could become problematic. Even during such situations, though, he remains his usual patient and cheerful self, more likely to try and diffuse the situation through good humor than force.

Physical: When it comes to clothes, Daniel likes to dress well. The young man has a wide selection of good shirts and even better pants though he would never be caught dead in a suit unless forced. Never seen without his prize New York University Engineering jacket, he takes great pride in the way he looks, though he is not vain. He simply knows that a good outward appearance is more likely to make people respond well to him.

His eyes are a bright, clear brown that perpetually dance with good humor and amusement; seldom flashing in anger or hardening with cold. His nose is somewhat too large for his classical good looks, and he is exceedingly self-conscious about it, however over recent years he's begun to accept that he'll never be able to justify getting plastic surgery to rectify this one problem so he is learning to live with it. His jaw is pleasantly angular and his chin somewhat rounded.